Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Drive to Oregon

Luckily the drive to Oregon was better than the actual weekend has been. I love to spend time with my parents and it is funny sharing a small room. But the drive was good. It was about a three hour drive from our house and we did not end up leaving our house until like 6:30pm.

For the first hour and a half I drove with my Mom. We talked, listened to music and just hung out. It was a lot of fun. I love to have time alone with my Mom when we can talk, be girls and just be chill.

The second half I have with my Dad. My Dad and I always laugh when we are together. I love to hang out with him. We have always been able to hang out and do whatever and I have fun... most of the time anyway. Replacing light bulbs is something we have done and it was not as much fun as I had hoped for, but we still ended up laughing, so it turned out ok. My Mom says I have always been a Daddy's Girl.

I don't know if it is true, because I love to be with them both, all three of us together (or 4 with my brother) or just one on one. I am so glad that I am close with my parents. This weekend has taken us to a new level of closeness... us being in the same bed and all. haha! But it has been interesting, fun, silly, a learning experience and lots of other things. :) I really do love everything about my parents and appreciate all that they do for me. I have been very blessed to have such amazing parents and even a wonderful little brother. We have always been a close knit family and it is great! I would not want it any other way. I never really understand when people say that they "Hate" their parents or they wish they were in a different family. Sure, I have been upset with my parents, but never "hated" them. Hate is a very strong word and I have never wanted to be in a different family. I love the one I have and I am excited to become a part of the McGee Family in August. They are awesome and I am happy and honored to become a part of it. I got very lucky with how wonderful they are, Tyler is and that I am so close with my own immediate family.

This turned into a little love note to my family and the McGee family (Halls and Griggs included) :)

FAMILIES ARE FOREVER! :)

2 comments: