Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Engagement Memories....


THE DAY WE GOT Engaged

Tyler took me to the sand dunes, and that is where we met for the first time and he asked me if I remembered what happened there, I of course said yes and we talked about how he and I remember that we met. This is what I remember....He and I and a bunch of people from our ward all went to the ice caves, I was afraid to go all the way in, so I turned around and came back out. He went all the way through and then we went to the sand dunes to warm up from being around and on the ice. That is when I officially remember meeting him. He says we met at te ice caves and I vaguely remember talking to someone who said they were from Spokane, but not a lot. We talked around the fire once we got to the sand dunes, I thought he was really cute, sweet and nice. He then asked me to go on a 4-wheeler ride and at first I hesitated because I was not sure how I felt about going with a guy I did not know too well. But I said yes and then we went. We went up a huge hill and the 4 wheeler got stuck. I helped him to get it un-stuck and then we went back around the fire with everyone. He was embarrassed and I was embarrassed for him. A little later he came back over by me and asked if I wanted to try again, so we could make up for the last ride. I said yes and we rode around and it was wonderful. We did not get stuck, but we went fast and I held onto him tight. :) We talked the rest of the time we were at the sand dunes and around the fire and as we all were ready to leave he asked for my phone number and he called me the next day to make plans. It was a great first time meeting.


Next we got back in his car and we went to the Gardens on campus and he said do you remember what happened here? I said yes, it was our first official date. I remember we walked up there and we were talking and hanging out and then we found a little area that had a small table and some chairs around it. We sat in the chairs and talked. Then he pulled out his i-phone and we danced in the gardens to the music. We also kissed that night in the gardens. Well, now we were once again in the gardens and after we had remembered the wonderful time we had together, he asked if I was hungry and I said yes. The night before I had made some bagel sandwiches because I told him I wanted to go on a picnic with him and he had bought some propel, flavored water drinks and so we sat in the gardens where we had danced for our first official date and ate bagel sandwiches and drank Propel that he had bought the night before.

Then we went to Idaho Falls, Idaho, which is about 30 minutes from Rexburg. We went to a park kinda by the temple, well you can see the Idaho Falls Temple from it, but it is not really that close. At the park, there was an actual falls and it was so pretty. It was a beautiful day outside. We walked around for a while and talked and just enjoyed each other's company. Then we went down into a little cove area closer to the water and he said remember when we came here? I said no, and I felt bad because I did not remember. I was really confused and then he said you will. I was like... what?! and then proposed. He said my full name. Brittany Meier Litchfield, got down on one knee and then proposed by saying, "Will you Marry Me?" to me and I said yes! He put on the ring and my hand was shaking. I could not stop smiling and neither could he. After he put on the ring, I looked up at him smiling and laughing a little and I said, "My hand won't stop shaking." We both laughed :) We hugged and kissed because we were both so happy. Then we walked back up to his car and started making phone calls and sending text messages :)

We both called our Mom's first and then our Dads. Then he called all his siblings. I then sent out a mass text to everyone in my phone book that would want to know about the engagement, so they could know the wonderful news. He sent out some text messages too. I then asked my mom to send an e-mail to everyone in the family, and anyone else she wanted, announcing the news. She also sent a picture of me smiling showing the ring in the e-mail. Tyler had taken the picture on his phone right after it happened. We are so happy and excited to plan our wedding and then to start our lives together in August :)

No comments:

Post a Comment