This is my dad, Vaunn. I am so lucky to have him! My dad is so amazing in so many ways!! He is patient, kind, loving, funny and always there for me when I need him! I don't know what I would do without my dad. Of course we have had rough moments, but we are always there for each other when we need to be.
Patience --> Some of you may have learned by now that I am not the most patient person in the world and I am not the best at using computers, especially my own silly lap top. Anyways, anytime I have a problem with my computer, printer, camera....pretty much anything electronic, I call my Dad. A lot of the time he is not sure what is wrong either, but he is always patient and willing to do trial and error things with me to make it all work again. I don't know what I would do without him.... actually I do... I would be going to the computer help desk a LOT on campus!! haha.
Kind/ Loving --> One thing I LOVE about my Dad is that when I haven't seen him for a bit (a day or even a few months) he is always quick to give me a hug when I come up to him. I love that he sqeezes me and says something like "Hey Boots!" when he hugs me and when he calls me Boots, I know how much he loves me!! I love that he has a nick name for me.... which brings me to my next story.....
Funny --> My dad has nick names for EVERYONE!!! If you know him well, you know that he is always saying funny things and that no one is called by their actual name. Here are a few examples...
Gubbe Family = Gubbsters
Russell Family = Rooskies
Barb (my mom) = Barbie
Me = Boots
Anthony (brother) = Tonio
Carson = Carsonie
Nyle = Nyle the science guy
David = Poe
Walmart = Walyworld
McDonald's = McDees
I can't think of any more right this second, but I KNOW there are tons! Feel free to comment
if you know one I missed! :)
Always there for me --> The most recent experience of my dad being there for me was during the rafting trip that we went on in June. My Dad saved my life. The way he looked at me when I was in the water and he pulled me out and he was so calm, I knew even more how much he loved me. I don't know how to explain it, but I just felt his love so strongly and it was surrounding me and even though I was scared and it was hard to breathe, I felt safe with my Dad.

Thank you for everything you do for my Dad! You are truely the greatest!!! :) I LOVE YOU!!



No comments:
Post a Comment