We have reached our final semester in Rexburg!!
It is really bitter/sweet. We are so excited to be finishing with school and moving on with life, but we will miss all the great friends we have here.
The classes I am taking this semester:
Kindergarten Practicum --> I teach every day for about 15-30 minutes. It is a lot different
than any other experience I have had, so I think there will be a
lot for me to learn! I am excited to work with the little kids, they
seem great so far! There is only one diffiuclt thing about this. I have
one teacher observing me and a differnt one teaching me what I
should be doing during my teaching. Most of the kinks have been
worked out, but it is still somewhat complicated trying to please two
people at once. I hope I can do it..... Time will tell.
Science Methods --> I am learning how to teach the children about science. I have heard it is a
a really easy class and I have nothing to worry about, but I don't know a
lot about the class yet, because I have only had it once so far this semester.
Social Studies Methods --> This class has actually been enjoyable so far. I had no idea what to
expect from this class, becasue I have heard mixed reviews about it
The professor is lots of fun and is actually who will be observing and
grading my teaching in the Kindergarten Practicum! I think this
class will be a lot of busy work, but I can survive it.
Strategies --> I will be applying what I have learned during my time here at BYU-Idaho in this
class. I will be doing home visits, interventions and working with a family once a
week for an hour each session. I am in a group with three other girls who are
ECSE majors, but we will actually decide things and make changes to the plan
individually. I will also be learning about how to write and IEP/ IFSP, which will
be good, because I feel like, if anything, that is what I really need to learn about
before I am sent out on my own to be a teacher.
It is going to be a difficult semester, but I can do it!!! :)
Tyler is taking some accounting classes this semester. I think he misses his internship a little, but he is excited to be done with school for a while. He is completely done with his BA in accounting July 22nd and I am done with Early Childhood/ Special Education in November, right before Thanksgiving!
August through November we will be Mesquite, Nevada for my student teaching (internship). My grandparents have a house there and they are letting us stay with them for the couple months we are there! We are so appreciative of them allowing us to live with them!!
December we will go back to Washington, which we are excited for. December to August we will both be working (hopefully). Then in September 2012, Tyler will go to Central Washington University to get his Masters in Accounting. It is a one year program, and it will help him to get an even better score on his CPA exam. :)
Well, that's the happenings and our plan. I will try to be better about taking pictures..... cross your fingers.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment